Choosing Your Wedding Bouquet
Bouquets of flowers will always be one appeal at any wedding. Flower arrangements already are part of the wedding tradition on all backrounds. A bouquet of flowers signifies a flourishing maiden and displays her thoughts. Therefore, wedding bouquets ought to be very carefully selected and planned exactly the same way you plan for your bridal dress. Here are just a few tips in selecting your wedding bouquet:
1. It is recommended that you select a flower that is on season to save money and time. This will not give you a difficult time trying to purchase the flower as well.
2. You may choose other options like silk flowers specifically if the flower you would like to use is not in season. Artificial flowers are also suited in conventional weddings; fresh picked flowers might not fit a very formal party.
3. Your bouquet shouldn’t drown you. Make sure that it will not cover your figure. If you are petite, the weight of the flower might be too heavy for your built and may affect your posture and the way you carry your wedding dress. Remember that your bouquet shouldn’t be too big so as not to cover your beautiful gown and should be easy to hold.
4. The flowers you chose should last for the entire day. Ensure your flowers still last even at the end of the day so that you will still look gorgeous when taken photos. Using a bouquet holder is recommended to keep the flowers fresh during the entire day. Also take the advice of your florist on which flowers easily wilt so that you can avoid choosing them.
5. Don’t let your florist picture the flower design you like. You may take a picture or a copy of the bouquet style you want. Also bring an example fabric of the gowns so that the florist can pick the correct shade of flower that will complement the color of the gowns. Some arrangements may be decorated with ribbons, lace and silk materials. You can advise the florist on what specific designs would you like to add for your flowers.
6. Why not select a flower that has special meaning? That will not be hard since most flowers have their own meanings. Stephanotis stands for happiness in marriage, Rose means love and being true, and Tulips stand for perfect love and commitment of love.
7. Among the first things to consider when choosing a bouquet is the style. Pick the bouquet style that will suit you and your character. Bouquets are more personal nowadays and reflect the brides’ individuality. For Nosegays, where flowers are grouped in a round form, can vary in sophistication and will fit any personality. In Cascade bouquets, flowers are arranged in a descending form. These bouquets are voluptuous and can be the center of attention.
They are recommended for traditional weddings. You will find flowers where stems are wrapped around in ribbons and they are called Hand-tied bouquets. These wedding bouquets bring a casual aura and are recommended for garden weddings. There are also Contemporary bouquets where flowers are arranged in style but with no geometric form. These plans of flowers represent the individuality of a bride and are mostly used in sophisticated weddings.
8. The very best wedding flowers are Rose, Lilly, Orchid, Hyacinth, Tulip, Stephanotis and Daisy. You might want to follow the trend and choose these flowers for your bridal bouquet.